Sunday, January 1, 2017

Guest Post | Paru's Card Making Challenges

Hello fellow crafters,
Wishing all of you a very Happy New Year 2017!
I'm so glad to be joining Paru's challenge as a Guest Designer today. It's an absolute honour to be invited. I love playing along with her challenges. They are always so interesting.


I have created a card and two tags for the challenge this month. I wanted them to look like a set, so I have used the same stamp set & colour combinations for all of them. I wanted the sentiments to be generic so as to be given as a gift set.


To create my card, I have used the Altenew Painted Flowers set. I also used Altenew inks for coloring. I stamped & die-cut the flowers and leaves using the coordinating dies. This made my work so much more easier. Then I die-cut a panel using a Paper Smooches Border die to create a frame. The sentiment comes from another Altenew set- Label Love. I added few black paint splatters & silver stars and sequins for the finishing touches.


To create my tags, I have used the Lawn Fawn - Tag You're It stamp & coordinating die set to stamp and die-cut the tags. I gold embossed the outline of one of the tags to add some extra interest. I used the Altenew Painted Flowers set for the flowers and the sentiment is from the same Lawn Fawn set. I added few Nuvo Crystal dots to embellish it a bit and tied some silver & gold mesh ribbon along with thin black ribbon to finish them off!



I'm entering my card in the Altenew Inspiration Challenge. I'm playing along with Amy's June Challenge.



Please visit Paru's blog and don't forget to play along her challenge. I would love to hear what you think about my card & tags! 

Thank you so much for dropping by!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your guest post, Hussena! And what fabulous inspiration - beautiful card and tags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this is a Lovely gift set, anyone would love to receive, although they would be hard to give away :) Love the colors and your paint splatters and enamels are great finishing touches with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year, Hussena and congrats on your guest design spot!! Your card and tags are stunning!! I love the beautiful flowers!! Gorgeous designs!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your guest designer gig! These are really lovely - soft and pretty!
    Happy new year - hope 2017 is awesome for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the gdt!! Gorgeous card and tags! I will leave you some love there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being the guest designer!! Your cards are tags are amazings!!! Loved each one of your creations!:)
    Hugs
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card are very beautiful and all tags are great. Keep it up. Good work.

    Chandigarh Florist
    Online flower delivery in Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete